Join the Greener Future Challenge
Travelling around Surrey in a way that is good for the environment and your neighbourhood deserves more than just a pat on the back. With the BetterPoints app your sustainable journeys can earn you rewards every time you walk, wheel, run, cycle, or use public transport.
Earning BetterPoints is easy! Download the BetterPoints app from the App Store or Google Play. It will record how you choose to get around and show how many points you’ve earned. You can turn your points into high street shopping vouchers or donate them to your favourite charity!
The Greener Future Challenge is all about encouraging people to get around sustainably and help create a cleaner, greener county by travelling in ways that benefit the environment, health and your community, as well as helping the local economy too!
Follow these instructions to get started:
1. Download the BetterPoints app from the App Store or the Google Play Store.
2. Tap “Join Now” in the app and fill out the registration form.
3. There will be a welcome message in your app timeline inviting you to join 'Surrey's Greener Future'. Alternatively, tap the 'Challenges' ⚡ tab on the bottom navigation bar and select it there.
4. Complete the 'Surrey's Get Start Survey' from the message in your timeline to unlock your activity rewards.
5. Switch "Tracking is on" in the top right to record your activities.
6. Start earning BetterPoints and BetterTickets!
How can we help you to stay motivated?
With BetterPoints you can see your points accumulate in the app. Check out the rewards you can earn here. We will also share news of what is going on in your area to help you to stay active. We've got regular prize draws, plus we'll have campaigns, competitions and giveaways throughout the programme.
How much information do I need to share to sign up?
Where do I find out more about the challenge?
Visit the Surrey's Greener Future FAQs page here.